I used to work in venture capital, and then I realized: as the internet seeps into everything, the future belongs to those who code — so I left investing to learn to build things on the internet. I’m unsure what’s next, but I’ll send updates if you like.
A few projects
- Hoot, an Android app, with Matt Spitz
- Changeslogged, because I found logging Laisin’s changes so helpful
- Laisin, the first thing-with-a-database! I built. (Subscribe! And I'll send you a book each month.) Here’s its changelog
- Join Startups, because it’s decently difficult to figure out which startups are hiring
- Human-powered pelletizer, which (sorta) turned biomass into fuel for smallholder farmers
- Building Android First, about, well, building an Android app before an iOS one
- Learning to Build, about quitting my job to code
- Things that make me excited about technology
- What Comes Next, about a summer visiting tech-company accelerators
- Books recently read. (What should I read next?)
A little design
- An earlier iteration on The Product Sessions with Gary Chou
- Syllabus, assignments, and students’ take on a class Gary and I taught at SVA.
- “A new etiquette for the digital age” (English, Deutsch)